2009/05/11

Bathed in sweat!

Welcome to week 3.  During the night somebody snuck into my room and used a binding agent on all of my joints (although it may have been a 2 night operation).  I would like to thank the culprits for they did me a favor.  Despite prior admonishments from teachers about pushing to hard I had consistently failed to find a balance between my recurring pain and a consistent practice. Saturday one of the peer advisors very kindly asked what was going on as she had seen me struggle in my practice.  We talked about me going into poses slower in order to find the point before the exploding pain.  It was the very thing Rajashree had told me at a seminar last year.  Yet, it was so hard to follow here at TT where one pressures oneself to do better, faster, harder.  I knew she was right.  I mentally prepared myself over the weekend, knowing my ego (a wretched thing to take into class) loathes to back off when it knows it can go deeper if only it pushed. I won't bore you with the details, but this is the first class ever that I have walked into with stabbing pain in areas and not once had my breath stolen from me.  Wow. 

We had class with Ren Soriano this morning.  Let me rephrase that.  We had a fabulous class with Ren Soriano this morning.  He is quite the comic and brings a great deal of passion for the yoga to class, not to mention a boat load of energy.  Lecture this afternoon will be anatomy with Dr T.   Class at 5pm will be with I don't know, because the big guy is out this week.  Evening lecture from 9pm onwards will be posture clinics!

2 comments:

  1. Very sad to hear of Ren's passing. Shanti, shanti, shanti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing Ren is devastating to the Bikram community. Ren's light will be sorely missed by all those that had the pleasure of knowing him. I am honored to have had the privilege to have taken is class and spend some time chatting with him gaining some of his wisdom.

    ReplyDelete