2009/05/10

Escape from the Marriott

I would like to thank my 3 fellow TT students that provided the funds to pay for CPR certification for those that did not have the funds. These folks embody that it is better to give than to receive.  No wonder I like "yoga people" so much... what's not to like.

I have really been enjoying getting to know my fellow students and have already begun to regret that I will never truly get to know them all by the end of the 9 weeks.  Each person's story and spirit has uplifted, enlightened and/or inspired me.  I agree with Bikram that this is the smartest and luckiest group of people alive today.

Saturday I had an amazing visiting teacher (Thank you Lily's mom) take us off-site (and trust me, by the time saturday afternoon rolls around it does begin to feel like a bit of a prison camp no matter how lovely it is).  We picked up some supplies and grokked the joy of not having to have to do anything or be anywhere at a specific time.  Yay to buying treats/rewards (be they a tote for class, a new item of clothing, or other).  Just remember... no green... just because they have not been very serious about clamping down on this to date does not mean that they will not in future.  Just do it (or in the case of bringing anything green(ish) to TT... just don't do it).  If you forget, the on-site Bikram store will happy sell you shorts, tops, Ts, mats, totes and water bottles to replace your green ones.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey thank you so much for all the updates! How far is costco? Would you definitely need a car to get there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costco is "close", but not close enough to walk... certainly not with a pile of costco supplies. Definitely close enough to be able to bum a ride without being guilt ridden or the trip taken a load of time. Go Pita and hummus!

    ReplyDelete